Industrial Distribution, Illinois
Worked closely with the President of “value added” industrial distributor on succession and “change of control”. Enhanced company value to prepare for the change of control for the company. Reduced staffing and costs. Moved the company to solid profitability. Defined path to better information and process efficiency. Conducted private discussion with nine potential acquirers. Engaged formal buyer search process.
- Provided independent valuation showing at least 26% increase in value
- Created blind advertisement and formal offer documents
- Conducted in-depth interviews with qualified buyers
- Led buyer selection resulting in letter of intent
- Defined method for managing ESOP, trusteeship and decision making
Industrial Distribution, Michigan
Led acquisition of all staff and assets for units providing information services to three industrial distribution entities within a major manufacturing conglomerate. Formed strategic relationship to provide information services to existing clients. Established direction, reconfigured operations and organizational structure providing industry focused services.
- Built revenues of $90+ million and earnings of more than $13 million per year.
- Eliminated overlapping systems and enabling “end-to-end” inventory and order management.
- Delivered $8.7 million (12%) reduction in client’s recurring information technology costs.
- Established new supply chain integration with suppliers.
Back to Cases |