Planning For Change
No two owner teams are alike. No two businesses are alike. And the plans for evolution of a business are dependent on both the needs of owners and the characteristics of the business.
What are your goals?
- Do you want to retire at a certain age?
- Do you really want to sell your business? If so, is to move on to another phase of life, or to achieve liquidity?
- Do you want to increase the value of the business? Reward loyal employees?
- Do you want to provide a legacy and careers for family?
And it makes sense to consider alternatives. Life happens when you’re making other plans.
Options you may consider include selling your business to or merging with a third party, selling your company to management, transferring the business to other family members. Perhaps you’re not ready to discuss an exit strategy, but rather need to raise capital to fuel rapid growth, fund acquisitions or provide shareholder liquidity.
If your business has the potential to significantly increase in value over the next few years, you may want to continue building the business and wait to implement a succession strategy.
Answers will involve a team of resources to help a business owner plan for the company and his/her own future:
- Business Advisor / Investment Banker
- Accounting & Tax Advisor
- Financial Advisor
- Transaction & Estate Attorney
- Corporate Attorney
Questions that must be considered for a Change of Control
- What is my business really worth?
- Should I sell my business or keep working? And how long?
- Are there changes that can enhance the value in within the planning horizon?
- What is the right deal structure?
- How do I make sure the deal closes?
- Did I get enough to meet my financial objectives?
- How should I manage a single-stock exposure?
- What if I am restricted from selling?
- How should I invest my financial assets?
Aetherian will work with you to address these questions and help you prepare for the life transitions that meet your goals.
Back to Engagement | Next Step